閱讀權限 10
註冊 2017-10-27
用戶註冊天數 2381
用戶失蹤天數 2103
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2018-1-24 14:19  資料 私人訊息 
Cheap Jerseys Online
A life dedicated to volunteering……“It’s a fulfilling feeling, knowing that I can use the gifts and talents that God has given me to help others… to make meaningful contributions not only to their families but to society.”By Tusika Martin She always has a smile on her face whenever I see her, even while doing the most tedious tasks or under great stress in organising events, which surely makes Sheran Harper, most appropriately known as ‘Sister Sheran’, one of the most pleasant women I have ever met.Her devotion to God and her great passion in helping the needy and less fortunate is quite inspiring.Sister Sheran is the Diocesan President of the Mother’s Union of Guyana,Cheap Jerseys Free, and is the wife of former Guyana and West Indies cricketer and now coach, Roger Harper.The mother of two was born in England to Guyanese parents, who met while studying in that country. Subsequent to their studies they returned to Guyana with their first of three children.As I sat in Sheran’s home talking to her about her life,Wholesale China Jerseys, both personal and public, it suddenly occurred to me that it is very infrequent that one encounters a person who spends most of their time doing voluntary work and not consumed by making a profit in today’s economically driven world.Looking at her smiling as she spoke, I hoped that she could not have read my thoughts, since I was thinking that maybe she really does not need to make a profit out of anything, since she is married to a very famous and successful sportsman.Mothers' Union Diocesan President Sheran HarperSister Sheran has two sons, Richard and Reginald, both of whom are currently at University.The older sibling, Richard, is studying in England, while Reginald is currently pursuing a career in law at the University of Guyana.But how did Sheran become involved in voluntary work?Getting comfortable in a sofa and reminiscing on her life, Sister Sheran began laughing as she remembered how she became involved in the Mothers’ Union.“Tusika, you would not believe, but I was very young and had just gotten married, and a friend invited me to join the organisation, and I thought to myself I will just go to one meeting and then get away, because at the time I thought the union was just for old women,” she said as she laughed heartily.Giving a synopsis of her life prior to getting married, Sheran said that upon returning to Guyana with her parents, as a child she lived in Subryanville, and subsequently at New Providence, East Bank Demerara.She attended St. Joseph’s High school and then migrated to England where she attended college.Three years later tragedy hit her family with the death of her father, and she returned to Guyana.She later gained a Commonwealth scholarship to study physiotherapy at the University of the West Indies in Jamaica.Young and vibran, with great interest in swimming and cookery, Sheran grabbed the opportunity and headed to the “land of wood and water” where she studied for three years.Little did she know that her career choice at that young age would have led to her having a comfortable life today.Returning as a physiotherapist, she was required to serve a five-year stint with the Ministry of Health, having been given a scholarship by the Government.As such she was sent to work at the Sports Clinic, which was at the time located along Homestretch Avenue.As she sat there she started to blush, and I realised that she was about to tell me how she met her husband.“I met my husband at that clinic. He was one of my patients,” she said as she blushed.While serving her five-year stint with the Government, she was solely responsible for the opening of the physiotherapy department at the West Demerara Regional Hospital.Having opened that department, she began operating physiotherapy clinics along the West Coast Demerara and East Bank Essequibo.During that period also she got married to the love of her life.The union produced two sons, and Sheran decided to stay at home to take care of them.“I stopped working because I got my two sons in a short space of time.”Having gotten married, Sister Sheran became a member of the St. Sidwell’s Anglican Church, Vlissengen Road, having attended the St. George’s Cathedral during her childhood days.After attending her first Mothers’ Union meeting with a plan not to return, Sheran’s escape plan did not work, as the women of the organisation realised that she had a special talent in creativity and loved cooking.“Those ladies knew of my talents,NHL Jerseys From China, and so they would come to my house, and if they had any Mother’s Union activities going on, they would arrive with posters and markers for me to do things for them, and create things to help them win these Mother’s Union competitions.”The Harpers: (from left) Reginald, Roger (her husband), Sheran and Ri
頂部